缓刑, 悬架, and 解雇
In determining the academic standing of students, the University of Pittsburgh at 足球比分球盘皇冠 has the right to treat each student’s case on its merits. The primary consideration is the probability that the student can meet academic standards and achieve graduation in not more than five full time semesters or their equivalent. The committee may consider courses attempted, credits and grades earned, and the trend of performance.
These guidelines are solely for the purpose of determining academic probation, 悬架, 和解雇. While these are minimal standards, any degree, program, or major may set its own higher standards. Those standards take precedence over these.
- 学生 who have attempted 19 hours or less (including transfer credit) and whose cumulative grade point average is below 1.50 will be placed on probation.
- 学生 who have attempted 20 to 35 hours (including transfer credit) and whose cumulative grade point average is below 1.75 will be placed on probation.
- 学生 who have attempted 36 hours or more (including transfer credit) and whose cumulative grade point average is below 2.00 will be placed on probation.
- 学生 who are placed on probation for a second consecutive term will be suspended for the following term.
- 学生 whose term grade point average is below a 1.00 will be considered for 悬架 for the following term.
- 学生 who are placed on probation for a third term will be dismissed.
- 学生 who do not complete MATH 0029, 0030 or ENG 0100 with a C- or better after two attempts will be considered for dismissal.
- 学生 who do not successfully complete any other course after three attempts will be considered for dismissal
Re-admittance after 悬架
- 学生 who desire to return after completing their 悬架 must complete a reinstatement application and submit it to the Campus Dean.
Full-time students who earn at least 12 credits in a term (excluding courses with S grades), with no grade lower than a C and no temporary grades, and with a term GPA of at least 3.50 or higher, are placed on the 优秀学生名单 at the end of each regular term.
Those students of a graduating class who have attained an outstanding scholastic record may be graduated with honors. 有资格获得荣誉, a student must have earned a minimum of 60 Pitt credits and attained a cumulative GPA of 3.优等生25人，3人.50 for magna cum laude, or 3.75 for summa cum laude.
The University offers courses for students who are not well prepared for college level mathematics and writing. To promote the academic progress of students in preparatory courses, students who test or place into MATH 0029, 数学0030, 及/或eng0100:
- Must take those preparatory classes during their first term at the University of Pittsburgh at 足球比分球盘皇冠 and every subsequent term until they are passed.
- Will not be permitted to withdraw from those classes.
- Are strongly encouraged to use the resources of the 学习中心 and other academic support services to their full benefit.
- Must pass all remedial courses with at least a C- on their second attempt or be dismissed from the University.
学生 who test or place into MATH 0029 and ENG 0100 must enroll concurrently in IL 0210.
学生 who test or place into 数学0030 and ENG 0100 will be required to enroll concurrently in IL 0210 in certain academic programs or will be strongly encouraged to enroll concurrently in IL 0210 in other academic programs.